AO: > Lightning Rod
QIC: > Samurai
PAX: > Bob Evans, Slash, Danish, Walkman, Lumbergh, Steamy Nix, Free Lunch
37 degrees and cloudy. Touch of chocolate rain at the end.
- Side Straddle Hop X 25
- Edward Scissor Arms X 12
- Daisy Pickers X 12
- Butt Kickers X 10
- Slow High Knees X 10
- Fast High Knees x 10
- Mosey down to the track
First exercise is running!
- 400 nuR (backwards run) easy pace
- 800 Run fast pace 80% effort
After each run, hold plank or squat until 6 is in.
Second exercise is a circuit around the stairs for time:
- 5 Big Boys at the bottom
- Hop with both feet up the steps
- 5 Merkins at the top
- Walk back down the grass and slide under the railing to get back to the start
- Repeat with 10, 15, etc.
We did this one for 15 minutes. Most PAX got up to sets of 25.
Then mosey to the side line and buddy up for an experimental exercise:
- Buddy carry your buddy across your shoulders
- Run halfway to the other sideline
- Squat your buddy 10 times
- Run back
- Switch places so your buddy can do it
Modifications were necessary, and PAX came up with some really good ones: buddy drag, wheelbarrow, lunges, air squats…
Then we moseyed back to the Lightning Rod.
- Reverse Freddy Mercury x 20 in cadence
- One PAX ripped a gnarly wet one during this exercise
- We are taking up a collection to buy him new shorts
- Side Crunches x 12 hard count each side
- 30 seconds Glute Bridge Hold with deep breaths
- The air had mostly cleared by this point so it was safe to breathe deeply
- 30 seconds Cobra Hold with deep breaths
Q shared some personal experience about struggling to stay honest, the misery that dishonesty can bring, and the joyous freedom that comes from owning up to the truth and setting things right. We finished out with a prayer to God to help us be honest, loving, and kind.