AO: Lightning Rod
PAX: @Red Curry @Output @Blue Steel @Two Dollars @Rip
Conditions: 37deg with light rain
SSH – IC – 20
Imperial Squat Walkers – IC – 10
Hurdle Steps – IC – 10
Harry Rockettes – IC – 10
Toy Soldiers – IC – 10
Daisy Pickers – IC – 10
Partner Arms – OMC – 10sec
Halos – IC – 10
MOSEY to field
Catch Me If You Can – Indian Run w/ 5 merkins, for 2 laps.
Dora style. PAX runs full length of field while everyone else exercises.
- 200m Run – Perfect Merkins (hand release & shoulder tap) x2
- 200m Run – WWIs (straight legs, arms up & touch toes)
- 200m Run – Squat w/ Bicycle Crunch // Imperial Squat Walkers
- 200m Run – BDE Burpees (Burpee, Bonnie Blair, Squat – jump back into burpee)
Catch Us If You Can style Wall Sits:
Everyone into Wall Sits, 1st person drops to do (5) Burpees. They then say Tag for the next person to drop for (5) Burpees.
Each Tag changes Wall Sit movements
- Wall Sits
- Cherry Pickers
- Night Clubs
- Toes UP
Rinse & Repeat
Minutes Of MARY:
American Hammers – IC – 20
Pickle Pounders/J Lo’s – IC – 10
Plank Jacks – IC – 10
- [We kept the group moving & shaking today. YHC absolutely LOVED the enthusiasm throughout. It was so awesome to see both new guys return & other AO regulars join in at the LightningRod!]
5 Second Rule, Mel Robbins
The moment you have an instinct to act on a goal, you must count down 5-4-3-2-1 and physically move or your brain will stop you.
When a productive intention comes to mind, act on it in less than five seconds or let it go forever.
“Productive intentions” are every action and decision that can bring positive results in your life. For instance, getting enough sleep is productive, and so is the decision to eat a salad instead of lasagna at lunch.
You have the power to control your thoughts & actions.
Your thoughts do not have the power to control you.
You can use the Rule and its countdown method to break any bad habit, interrupt self-doubt and negative self-talk, and push yourself to take the actions that will change your life.
Exercise and health comes down to one simple rule – you don’t have to feel like it. You just have to do it.
Your good intentions are worthless if you don’t take action.
- [Basis was to take action! Quick & prompt action on productive intentions.]
- [Announcements for Polar Plunge happening tomorrow 03/11/23, for Timberline Trail hike happening in July/August & for Brew Series 5K Beer Run next Saturday 03/18 at Oregon City Brewery.]