7/4/2022 – Independence day – Fireworks
PAX: FreeLunch, StrayCat, Kiwi
Mid 50s and a sparkle of sun
Mosey around track
SSH x 17
Windmill x 17
Slow High Knees x 17
Good Mornings x 17
Merkins x 8
That’s a count of 76 (1776 in case that slipped by)
Mosey to center of field.
With patriotic music going,
Lung walk to the 10 yard, bear crawl next 10 yards,
turn around and sprint back to the center of the field.
PAX circled up around BobEvans.
He asked trivia about our country’s history and why Independence Day is celebrated on July 4th. For each question answered correctly, we chose an exercise, for incorrect answers, we bear crawled 17yrds and sprinted back. Q chose to either name an exercise or ask PAX for an exercise.
- Where was the first celebration of Independence Day held?
Philadelphia – (17 merkins, HC)
- Every Independence Day, how many times does the Liberty Bell ring?
13 – (17 Squats)
- What was the name of the newspaper that published the Declaration of Independence?
The Pennsylvania Evening Post – (17yds of Bear Crawl)
- The Fourth of July commemorates which document?
Declaration of Independence – (17 American Hammers, HC)
- What is the proper way to fold the American flag?
In a triangular shape – (17 Burpies)
- Which American president was born on July 4th?
Calvin Coolidge – (17yds of Bear Crawl)
- Which president of the United States was the first to host a Fourth of July celebration at the White House?
Thomas Jefferson – (17 Mountain Climbers)
- How many Stars and Stripes does the US flag have?
50 Stars and 13 Stripes – (17 Freddie Mercuries, HC)
- What is the location of the nation’s oldest Fourth of July parade?
Bristol, Rhode Island – (17yds of Bear Crawl)
- What was the total number of people who signed the Declaration of Independence?
56 – (17yds of Bear Crawl)
- Every July 4th, what food is most commonly consumed?
Hot Dogs – (17 Leg lifts)
- What is the name of the national anthem of the United States of America?
Star-Spangled Banner – (17 Fast High Knees)
- Who gave the Statue of Liberty to the United States?
French people – (17 Dead Bugs)
- What was The Statue of Liberty’s official name?
Liberty Enlightening the World – (17 Halos)
- Where is the Liberty Bell currently located?
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – (17 Jump Tucks)
- Every July 4th, how many hot dogs are consumed?
150 million – (17yds of Bear Crawl)
- On the Declaration of Independence, who had the largest signature?
John Hancock – (17 Merkins, HQ)
- Which two presidents of the United States died on July 4th of the same year?
John Adams and Thomas Jefferson – (17yds of Bear Crawl)
- Why was the Boston Tea Party’s tea shipment ruined?
Due to Protest against British – (17 Flutter kicks, HC)
- What was the estimated population of the United States on July 4, 1776?
2.5 million people – (17yds of Bear Crawl)
- On July 4th, which classic children’s book was published?
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland – (17 Monkey Humpers)
- In what year were fireworks first used to celebrate the Fourth of July – 1777 – (17 Dry Docks)
- Who is the author of the Pledge of Allegiance?
Francis Bellamy – (17yds of Bear Crawl)
- During World War II, where did the Declaration of Independence get stored?
Fort Knox – (17 Squats)
- Which country declared independence from the United States on July 4, 1960?
Mosey back to our United States of America’s Flag. – Time.
COT: What were some favorite memories growing up that you did with your family?
Happy Independence Day!