AO: Lightning Rod
QIC: Bob Evans
PAX: Slash, Steamy Nix, Free Lunch, Samurai, Docker
Cloudy, low 40’s (43F), and not raining nor was the ground too wet
- SSH x 23 IC
- Imperial Kickers x 12 IC
- Halos x 15 IC
- Slow High Knees x 15 IC
Mosey to the playground
Split up into two groups of 3 for spacing
- Group 1 does 15 step ups on benches, 15 calf raises on curb, 5 pull-ups
- Group 2 does 5 pull-ups, 15 calf raises on curb, 15 step ups on bench (easy count)
- Group 1 does 15 dips, 15 calf raises on curb, 5 pull-ups
- Group 2 does 5 pull-ups, 15 calf raises on curb, 15 dips
Mosey to the track for 1 mile
- 1/4 mile: 100m of Shuffle, 100m of Backpedal, 100m of Shuffle, 100m of Running – LBC’s till the six is in then 12 IC
- 1/4 mile: 100m of Karaoke, 100m of Backpedal, 100m of Karaoke, 100m of Running – Freddie Mercury’s till the six is in then 10 IC
- 1/4 mile: 100m of Running, 100m of Crab Walk, 100m of Running, 100m of Bear Crawl – Yeah Thrusts till the six is in then 10 IC
- 1/4 mile: 100m of Running, 50m of Lunge Walks, 50m of Bear Crawl, 100m of Running, 50m of Burpie Broad Jumps – Flutter Kicks till the six is in
Mosey to the Lightning Rod
We finished a little late and had to cut the workout short.
Thankfulness improves our outlook on life
When we are thankful for the little things in our life like breathing, exercising, gathering in a group etc. this can be a catalyst for living a positive life that encourages others in their daily walk. I think it’s interesting that we call it a walk. During a walk, we can see many things, observe our surroundings in detail that can’t be done on a run, or another faster method of transportation. The surroundings can change, the weather can change while on a long walk and these changes are similar to life. As we go through life, we change, growing wiser, our muscles stiffer, react slower, and have more to think through with the complexities of a world of gray with fewer things that are truly black and white.
For me, the black and white is my faith, exercise with F3, family – though that has morphed into more community rather than blood relatives, and being thankful for what I have. I am really thankful for the men of F3, for what each one of us brings just by showing up, the different personalities, the faithful, the FNG’s and those returning from sabbaticals. I am a more positive man when I’m thankful and more content with what I have. This thankfulness fuels a desire to push me in nearly every area is a cause for a less stressful life, cultivates joyful relationships, and is the encouragement when times are hard.
Last week I found out I had a flat tire at 4:50am right before I was going to Q Lightinging Rod so I quickly texted Lumburgh and he took over my workout. I’m thankful for our relationship and thankful I wasn’t in a car wreck as it was a 3inch 16-penny nail that went through my sidewall. So this week we were Fix’n for a Flat.