AO: > Lightening Rod
QIC: > Walkman
PAX: > Lumbergh, Angus, Buck, Bunny, Danish
> 33 degree’s and chilly caused some limited chatter to start the morning. Everyone was early and we all appreciated getting moving to warm up.
Warm Up (Circle of Pain)
> Completed a series of warmups with a quick lap around the walkways in between. Third grade exercise x 15, Windmill x 15, Monkey Humpers x 10, Arm scissors x 15.
> Deck of death
- Hearts – Real Peter Parkers
- Diamonds – Hindi Squats
- Clubs – American Hammers
- Spades – lunges….oh those lunges
- Jokers – gorilla walk/bear crawl around the sign and back
DoD gave us a unique opportunity for the entire PAX to practice calling an exercise. Each person called the exercise of the card they drew.
> Wrapped up DoD at 6:13, completed Flutter kick x 15, LBC x 20.
> Notes from Q1.2 – King
- To be effective in our lives, we must keep our body upright.
- How can the sould prosper if the body withers?
- It’s made to be used, and the more its used the more prepared it is.
- Exercise is King and nutrition is Queen – put them together and you’ve got a kingdom. (good add by Angus that you can’t out King your Queen – no amount of exercise trumps a poor diet)
- The Jester is necessary to think about because even the most amusing distractions can topple a kingdom.
- We don’t exercise to get better at exercising, we do it to be prepared mentally, physically, and emotionally.
- For me, this was the goal of 2020. I’d spent a few years working towards physical goals – a target weight, an ability to lift a certain amount, etc and hit hitting them but 2020 was about exercising for mental health and bringing the best me to bear each week. For me this takes 3-4 workouts a week.
- This is helpful weekly, but it’s also a longterm investment.
- F3 breaks these pursuits down into something called 3S2T – strength, stamina, speed, mental Toughness and physical Toughness. These are the things we’re trying to accelerate.
- 3S2T is best accelerated by running with other men.
- We all have to find what works for us – age, physical history and injuries may impact what our best can be. But what is true for all me is that it works much better as a group than solo.
- Together, we sharped each other. And it’s kind of simple – to get faster, find someone else faster than you and chase them until you catch them.
CoT – Thanks for sharpening me and letting me chase you, and for providing me an opportunity to let you chase as well.
>Today’s beatdown brought to you by Walkman